Last updated: August 1, 2023
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural sense.
- Account means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
- Affiliate means an entity that controls, is controlled by or is under common control with a party, where "control" means ownership of 50% or more of the shares, equity interest or other securities entitled to vote for election of directors or other managing authority.
- Application means the software program provided by the Company downloaded by You on any electronic device, named DYNE.
- Company (referred to as either "the Company", "We", "Us" or "Our" in this Agreement) refers to DYNE Technologies Inc., #2900, 550 Burrard St, Vancouver, BC, V6C 0A3, Canada.
- Country refers to: British Columbia, Canada.
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Service refers to the Application.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
- Third-party Social Media Service refers to any website or any social network website through which a User can log in or create an account to use the Service.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Effective as of: August 1, 2023
We are DYNE. We are the app for foodies, which allows users to meet like minded individuals based on their interests and preferences, find and make reservations in restaurants, enjoy the latest up-to-date coupons and host, find and participate in community events and quests to earn rewards and much more. Come dyne with us!
You should also read our Terms of Service which set out the contract between you and DYNE when you use our Services.
Who decides how your information is used?
DYNE Technologies Inc. (#2900, 550 Burrard St, Vancouver, BC, V6C 0A3, Canada) generally is the data controller responsible for making decisions about how we use your personal information.
If you have any questions or comments on this policy, you can:
The information we collect about you and how we use it
We need to collect and use certain Personal Data to provide the Services to you and fulfil the promises we make to you in the Terms of Service:
- Some of our Services require you to register with us or sign up for an account before you can use them. Where this is the case, you provide us with information including your age and the username that you choose to use on our Services. We collect and use this information in order to authenticate you when you register an account and use the Services, to make sure you are eligible and able to receive the Services, and so that you receive the correct version of the Services.
- If you choose to link your Google account to the Services, we will collect your Google email address and an authentication token provided by Google.
- If you choose to link your Facebook account to the Services, we will collect a unique user ID provided by Facebook and, if permitted by you, your Facebook registered email address.
- If you choose to link your Apple account to the Services, we will collect your email address on file with your Apple ID account or a private relayed email address if you use the Hide My Email option provided by Apple
- Depending on the particular Service you sign up for, we may support other external single sign-on services and collect additional Personal Data from them. Some external providers may notify you that they make additional information, such as your public profile, available to us when you use their single sign-on services. We do not collect that information from them.
- We collect and use your device location information as you use our Services (and, if you elect to turn on background location tracking for participating Services, while you are not directly interacting with these Services), including how you move around and events that occur in and around your geographical location. Our Services include location based restaurant suggestions whose core feature is to provide an in-app experience tied to your real world location, as well your interests and preferences, so we need to know where you are to operate these features for you.
We identify your location using a variety of technologies, including GPS, the WiFi points you are accessing the Service through and mobile/cell tower triangulation.
- We also collect and use your in-app actions and achievements, as well as certain information about your mobile device (including device identifiers, device OS, model, configuration, settings and information about third party applications or software installed on your device), to operate the Services for you and to personalize your in-app user experience. We will also generate an internal account ID when you use certain Services to associate you with an account.
- We also use the information above to show sponsored locations that are in your vicinity as part of our services
- We further use the information above in order to provide technical and customer support to you.
- You also give us Personal Data when you make a purchase through us, subscribe to our publications, register for a live event, enter a competition, promotion, or survey or communicate with us. Depending on which of these Services you use, that may include your name, age, mailing address, phone number, country of residency, age, and email address. We use that information to fulfil those Services to you and to provide related customer support to you.
- Our apps and services include innovative features which allow you and other users to view, interact, reserve and participate with the same restaurants and events at the same time, at a specific given location, fully tailored and customized according to your interests and preferences that you provide to us. In order to provide you with these customised experiences, DYNE needs to collect geospatial data and images from your device camera and sensors during your usage of the app.
In addition, we have and rely on a legitimate interest in using your Personal Data as follows:
- Using your IP address, browser type, operating system, the web page you were visiting before accessing our Services, the pages of our Services which you browsed or the features you used, and the time spent on those pages or features, the links on our Services that you click on, device and advertising identifiers, age, as well as actions you take during in-app usage, your in-app user settings and preferences (including profile characteristics) and your in-app purchases to learn about our users, and understand who is using our Services and how.
- Using your contact information, namely your email address in order to communicate with you to provide technical and customer support.
- Using your internal account ID and in-app username in order to attribute to your account any user content (such as mutual local points of interest) that you elect to submit to DYNE through the Services. You can choose to opt out of having your in-app username attributed on your submissions across DYNE products by going to the DYNE settings, and disabling your account.
- Using your email address and device information in order to share updates and news with you either within the app or by email. You can unsubscribe from these at any time in your device settings or in-app settings.
- Analyzing your in-app actions and achievements to show you rewards, promotions, or other offers about our Services that are tailored to your personal user experience. You can choose to opt out of this and certain other processing of your Personal Data by following the steps described in Section 7 below.
- To personalize the suggestions you see in our app to make them more relevant to you and to show sponsored gifts and events based on where you are, that may or may not contain messages and/or offers from our restaurants relevant to your vicinity on the in-app map.
- To provide social features within our apps so you can interact with other app users, including storing your communications, content, and other information shared with those users, finding your friends and being found by them, including through imported contacts, and sharing your in-app experience and achievements with your friends. You can visit your DYNE Profile in-app settings for opt-out options.
- To improve the features that we offer you through the Services, or to provide you with new or additional features for our Services.
- To organize and run live events based on or featuring in our app . Note that when you participate in live events your in-app actions and achievements, in-app username and your avatar, and other components of your in-app profile will be visible to other event participants and to the public (for example on the event attendance list displayed at the event and online).
- Using your in-app actions and achievements, as well as certain information about your mobile device (including device identifiers, device OS, model, configuration, settings and information about third party applications or software installed on your device), to carry out anti-fraud and anti-cheating measures against behaviours prohibited under our Terms of Service, to ensure that we provide a fair experience to all users.
- To make legal or regulatory disclosures and to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims.
- We’re passionate about uniting and allowing like minded peers to collaborate over food organizing events and publish exciting experiences for you to enjoy. We have a legitimate interest in collecting and using the Personal Data described above in order to provide these personalised features and an enriched experience through our apps. This includes your location, as well as geospatial data and images collected from your device camera and sensors, while you use the app.
We will only use your Personal Data to do the following if we have your consent:
- If you elect to turn on background activity tracking in our Services, we will collect your Personal Data as you use the Services as well as in the background when you do not have the Services open on your device. This includes your device location and your contacts. We use background activity tracking to provide you certain functionalities in the Services such as in-app items, rewards and location specific restaurants and latest up-to-date coupons for you to enjoy, which are tied to your in-app profile, preferences, location, and alerts for nearby events. You can change your mind and turn off background activity tracking at any time in your device settings or in-app settings.We do not use data collected for marketing or advertising purposes. Our Services cannot read from or write to your device without your consent. You can change your mind and disable our access to any type of activity data at any time in in-app settings or on your device.
- If you elect to enable the Facebook User Friends permission available on our app, we will import from your linked Facebook account the list of your friends who also use the app and enabled Facebook User Friends. If you enable that permission, your Facebook profile picture and the name on your Facebook account will be visible to your friends in-app. You can change your mind and unfriend other users at any time from your in-app Friends settings. You can also revoke Facebook permissions for our app directly from your Facebook account settings.
- If you elect to add information about DYNE live or in-app events to your mobile calendar, we will, with your permission, access your device’s calendar and write in these events. We do not access or collect any other information from your calendar. You can change your mind and disable access to your calendar at any time in your device settings.
- If you elect to import your device’s address book contacts to find out which of your contacts uses our Services and to send them Friend requests, or invite them to join you in our apps or other aspects of our Services, we will periodically sync your contacts’ information, including phone number and email, to our servers. You are responsible for ensuring your collection and sharing with us of your contacts’ information is compliant with applicable laws. This may require you to obtain your contacts’ permission. We may also get information about you from other DYNE users importing or entering their contacts. We use and may store this contact information to help you and your contacts connect through our Services. You can change your mind and turn off DYNE’s access to your contacts at any time in your device settings.
- If you elect to upload content, such as photos or videos from your mobile device, into our Services, we will, with your permission, access your device’s media storage. You can change your mind and disable access to your media storage at any time in your device settings.
- Send you marketing materials by email or via in-app notifications. You can unsubscribe from these at any time in your device settings or in-app settings.
Who we share information with
We will not share any Personal Data that we have collected from or regarding you except as described below:
Information Shared with Our Service Providers.
- run, operate and maintain our Services through third party platform and software tools;
- perform content moderation and crash analytics;
- run email and mobile messaging campaigns;
- perform app usage and marketing analytics;
- to provide measurement services and target ads
- administer live events, competitions, promotions, including registering users, managing check-in and attendance, verifying eligibility and prize fulfilment;
- provide payment attribution;
- provide technical and customer support; and
- process payments for live events ticketing or other purchases.
Information Shared with Other Users.
When you use the Services, and in particular when you use our app and use social features within the app, or take part in live events, we will share certain Personal Data with other users. This Personal Data includes your in-app profile (such as your username, your avatar, your online status, and your interests and preferences), your in-app actions and achievements, real-world locations, and your in-app messages and related content you share with other players. Additionally, certain features link to third-party sharing features on your device that you can use to disclose Personal Data to others outside the Services; DYNE does not control and is not responsible for the practices of these third-party sharing features.
Information Shared Publicly.
When you use the Services, and in particular when you use our app, use competitive features, or participate in our forums, the following information about you may be shared on web pages accessible to the public and therefore become publicly available: your username, in-app profile, achievements and public messages.
Information Shared with Third Parties.
We share Anonymous Data with third parties for industry and market analysis. We may share Personal Data with our third-party publishing partners for their direct marketing purposes only if we have your express permission. We do not share Personal Data with any other third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Information Disclosed for Our Protection and the Protection of Others.
We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials or private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We only share information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties when we reasonably believe necessary or appropriate: (a) to respond to claims, legal process (including subpoenas and warrants); (b) to protect our property, rights, and safety and the property, rights, and safety of a third party or the public in general; and (c) to investigate and stop any activity that we consider illegal, unethical, or legally actionable.
Information Disclosed in Connection with Business Transactions.
Information that we collect from our users, including Personal Data, is a business asset. If we are acquired by a third party as a result of a transaction such as a merger, acquisition, or asset sale or if our assets are acquired by a third party in the event we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, some or all of our assets, including your Personal Data, will be disclosed or transferred to a third party acquirer in connection with the transaction.
How your Personal Data is transferred
If we transfer your Personal Data from the UK or the EEA to other countries, including the USA, we ensure that a similar degree of protection is provided to your Personal Data as within the UK or the EEA, as applicable, by ensuring that at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- The country that your Personal Data is transferred to is a country that the European Commission (or the UK Government, if you are based in the UK) has deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for Personal Data as the UK or the EEA, as applicable.
- We use specific contracts approved by the European Commission (or the UK Information Commissioner’s Office, if you are based in the UK), which give Personal Data the same protection as it has in the UK or the EEA, as applicable, when we engage with service providers.
How we keep your Personal Data safe
We have appropriate legal, organizational and technical security measures in place to prevent your Personal Data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, improperly altered or disclosed. We also limit access to your Personal Data to employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your Personal Data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected Personal Data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
How long we will keep your Personal Data
When we no longer need to use your Personal Data and there is no need for us to keep it to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, we will either remove it from our systems or anonymize it so that it can no longer be associated with you. When removing Personal Data, we will take commercially reasonable and technically feasible measures to make said Personal Data irrecoverable or irreproducible.
Your rights and choices
You have certain rights in relation to your Personal Data. This means you can:
- Request access to the Personal Data we hold on you by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delete or correct your Personal Data. The easiest way to update your account information is via your in-app settings. You can also submit a customer support request through our support website here or email us at email@example.com
- Ask us to stop processing your Personal Data, including for direct marketing and promotional purposes such as tailored rewards, promotions, and other offers, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. But be aware that sometimes we need to use your Personal Data in order to provide the Services to you.
- Have your Personal Data transferred to another organization (where it is technically feasible).
- Complaint to a regulator. We'd appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns directly so we'd prefer you to contact us first. However, if you're based in the UK or the EEA and believe that we have not complied with data protection laws, you can complain to your local supervisory authority.
The law provides exceptions to these rights in certain circumstances. Where you cannot exercise one of these rights due to such an exception, we will explain to you why.
We offer you choices regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your Personal Data and we’ll respect the choices you make. Please note that if you decide not to provide us with the Personal Data that we request, you may not be able to access all of the features of the Services.
After you contact us, you may receive an email in order to verify your request. We aim to provide the information or complete the outcome you request within 30 days, or such shorter time period as provided by laws of your jurisdiction
Disclosures Specific to California Residents
California law requires that we make certain disclosures about your data. We do not sell your Personal Data. The information listed in Section 2 falls under the following California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) categories: identifiers, commercial information, Internet or other electronic network activity information, geolocation data, and visual information.